PES was pleased to partner with Kingston Building Australia Pty Ltd, Principal Contractor for the construction of an ALDI supermarket outlet in the NSW Lake Macquarie suburb of Edgeworth, to provide a range of environmental and occupational hygiene services to the project.
The site previously housed commercial activities that included a former truck depot and mechanical workshop. Our service delivery included:
- Removal of two (2) underground petroleum storage tanks, validation of excavated areas and classification of excavated stockpile material;
- Removal and validation of asbestos contaminated soils;
- Waste classification of fill material required to leave site;
- Acid sulfate soil (ASS) sampling and analysis;
- Asphalt exemption for site asphaltic concrete pavements; and
- Air monitoring during demolition works of existing site buildings and provision of an Asbestos Clearance Certificate on successful removal.