Meet our experienced Practical Environmental Solutions team.
Bachelor of Construction Management
Practical Environmental Solutions founder and managing director Tony Milligan has over 40 years of both operational and front-line management experience in surveying, civil engineering, building construction and environmental disciplines.
He has managed a private-sector civil engineering construction contracting company, managed ready mixed concrete plants, an engineering and hydrographic surveyor on the Newcastle Harbour Deepening Project followed by Construction Manager and, later Building & Technical Services Manager with Newcastle City Council.
Since 2009 he has developed a substantial portfolio of skill and experience in the field of occupational hygiene and environmental consultation.
Tony has a Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) from the University of Newcastle, an Engineering Surveying Certificate, gained a qualification through the UK Faculty of Occupational Hygiene and is a SafeWork NSW licensed asbestos assessor for works involving friable asbestos (licence No. 000161).
Diploma of Environmental Monitoring and Technology from Tighes Hill TAFE
Julian Fowler is an Environmental Technician with over 12 years’ experience in the Environmental Consulting field.
His experience includes:
- Contaminated Site Assessments
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- Acid Sulfate Soils Assessment
- Flora and Fauna Surveys
Julian’s experience with PES includes:
- Environmental Site Assessments.
- Waste Classification
- Building Audits and Surveys for the identification of Asbestos & Hazardous Building Materials
- All air-monitoring associated with asbestos removal
- Asbestos clearance inspections and clearance certificates
- Asbestos in Soils Assessment & Management